Tuesday, May 4, 2010

B.I.G. Love Cancer Care

First a quick up date on Bridge. He has been sick with his first cold. He is weathering it better than me. I have been a nervous wreck! I feel like a new mom all over again not knowing what is normal for him. His lungs started to sound a little junky and he has a terrible cough. They did a chest x-ray and it looks ok. He is still on breathing treatments every 3 hours during the day. I bought a $9.00 toy that is sitting on the top of our refrigerator to bribe him with. If he takes all his treatments then he can have the toy. He does pretty good if he is distracted with a cartoon. One of the medicines smells like rotten eggs and is not fun to breathe in. He is (like always) a trooper. I made it through my first four night shifts at the hospital as a nurse tech and didn’t even throw-up once. We go to Houston tomorrow and will let everyone know what we find out.

As for the title Big love cancer care. This is the foundation that put us up in the trailer for free while we were in Houston. They are trying to get a grant to continue their support for the kids and their families at two different hospitals. If you could all take a min. and vote for them at the link on the side of my blog I would appreciate it. It is one way I can give back to them for all the support they gave us. Here is what their founder said.


About two months ago, I submitted a grant to Pepsi Cola in their Refresh Everything contest - and as of Friday, I have been notified that BIG Love has been accepted to compete.
Now, the rest is up to us. We are competing against 300ish other organizations (from Animal shelters to school programs) for the top votes. We are ranked 189th right now.
BIG Love will use the money to provide weekly groceries to cancer kids and their families.
Just last week, after delivering groceries to one of our teenage cancer patients, we were overwhelmed with the purpose of what we do. This young lady emptied all the contents of her Wal-Mart bags onto her hospital bed until everything was encircling her. As she looked at all her goodies...she started to sob. This family, due to pressing medical expenses, had been unable to afford simple things for their daughter. They were so grateful. Grateful for Oreo Cookies and potato chips!!
Another Mom, last week, told one of our volunteers with tears streaming down her face, "BIG Love is faithful. Always here for us. Here for us when everyone else has quit calling and quit caring. BIG Love is my constant." Each week, in Arkansas and Texas , BIG Love is making a difference.
We need your help to continue this service. Simply go to the website listed below and click the button that says vote for this idea. Follow the simple instructions that follow. It should take you under a minute to complete.
www.refresheverything.com/biglove
After your initial vote, I ask you to post a "reminder" to your electronic calendar reminding you to vote for BIG Love each day through the month of May. And I ask you, to post this message to your Carepage, facebook and send to your email contacts. Also, if you have any ideas on how to get the word out,please let me know.
If we win, this would have been the easiest and most cost effective fundraiser we will ever do!!
Jessica Phillips
B.I.G. Love Cancer Care - Brooke's Incredible Gift
P.O. Box 10386 - 107 Wanda Gail
El Dorado, AR 71730
870-881-0547
www.biglovecancercare.org
Serving Cancer Kids and their Families at Arkansas and Texas Children's Hospitals.

Below are pic's at a local air museum we went to a couple of weeks ago.





not feeling very well.
First time miniature golfing. He loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I put in a plug for you on Facebook! And I voted! I'll keep voting too!

    ReplyDelete