Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More News

The bone marrow transplant coordinator called me and said that the 2nd donor is a stem cell only donor and our Dr. prefers the marrow. I also found out that of the original six matches only three were able to be used for transplantation after the further testing. The BTC told me that the second donor was on hold until they hear from the third donor. The hole situation made me a little nervous and I feel like I am having absolute blind faith because there is nothing I can do but have faith. Later there was a message form the BTC. When I called her back she told me great news. The third donor went to and information session and is very interested in helping. The next step is she will have to pass a physical then she can donate. She has an appointment set up before the end of the month to have her physical done. If all gos as planed we will be in Huston by the 2nd or 3rd week in August. I then asked the BTC if they collect the bone marrow and then freeze it until we transplant and she said it all happens on the same day. I then asked "so, Bridger will have nine days of intense chemo then they will collect and transplant all in one day? What happens if she gets in a car wreck and the marrow never gets collected?". There was a pause on the phone and then "no one has ever asked that question before". I tried to defend my self with "I'm really not a pessimistic person we just have really bad luck". Still she didn't know how to answer but assure me that the only problems they have had in the past were flight delays. So now we will just pray for the 41 year old female who is donating to be protected.
I must say having to go threw all three donors has made me that much more thankful for the sacrifice and kind heart that this third donor has. It has also made me ponder on the sacrifice that Jesus Christ has made for all of us and I feel I have another perspective on the Atonement. My heart and testimony have grown this day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to find your blog! I can't believe how big bridger is! You guys are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you and the donor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jana,
    I am happy to hear you have found a willing donor:) That is good news. I will be praying for the donor also and you guys of course. You're so awesome! You do have a strong testimony and are seriously amazing! I am glad to call you friend:) Hope to talk to you soon!:) Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. jana- i read this post last week and I have been thinking about you guys. What amazing insight to the savior's sacrafice you shared. i was so happy that ypu shared somethng so personal like you testimony, with us.

    we will pray for safe roads and against all other Gustafson luck type catastrophes.

    ReplyDelete