Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 36-39

Last Friday Bridger’s ANC level went down to 750. The Dr. thought it was ok due to the fact that the cells the looked at where all young cells and it hadn’t dropped below 500. So we didn’t have to get any medicine or we would have had to stay longer than the four hours we had already been their. He was able to go down another half a pill on his prednisone. He still loves to ride his bike every day (when it is not raining) and his favorite movie right now is Narnia. Blake and I went out on Saturday to the dollar movies and to pick up Bridger’s Halloween costume and Birthday presents for the up coming events. The weekends never seam long enough. Bridger is noticeably happier on the days he doesn’t have to go to the hospital. It is also getting harder to take his meds. One night he had tears streaming down his cheeks. He knew he had to take his medicine and he rely didn’t want to. It is hard for me to make him take it but I just remind him why it is important and then it seems to be easer for both of us. He is our Big Brave Bridger that has matured so much in a very short time period.

It is nice to have some cool weather it makes us feel like we are truly camping. Bridger enjoys the trailer he even asked to night if we could buy one of our own.

6 comments:

  1. Keep it up Big Brave Bridger! And I am all for buying a trailer. Grandma wants to stay at Jennie Lake in the Tetons as a camp host one summer. Maybe you can share it with her. And then maybe you can come to Alaska and we can go camping by Mt. McKinley in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Big Brave Bridger keep it up!! You are such a great mother, Jana. I hope you have a great week....it is supposed to be cooler today, but high humidity the rest of the week. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he really is doing a lot of growing up quickly during all of this. What a special little guy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep is up Bridger! I can see how he is getting sick of taking all is meds. What a strong boy you have! you are a good mom Jana!! Hang in there! I hope you're having a great day today! Fun that you got to go on a date with your man! I'm sure it's hard to see him go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janalee,

    I am sad to tell you that Ruth Gardner passed away peacefully today, Oct. 12. Roy asked me to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Bridger! I know I don't like taking pills, so I can sympathize... What will the long-term pill usage be like? Will it be like other donor recipients who just have to take one or two daily meds to prevent rejection? Hmmm...
    Well, I'm glad to hear you're out there on the bike when you can. The rain is keeping us indoors far too much this fall. What is Bridger going to be for Halloween?
    We miss you! I can't wait until we can see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete