On to Bridger’s health, his numbers went down as of Wednesday due to staring a medicine called Bactrim (I have no idea how to spell it, big surprise I know). He only takes it three days a week so hopefully his body will recover during the other four. They decreased his Gen Graft med again. This will help his numbers to go up. So the goal is for the numbers to even out through out the week. His HGB also went down He may have to have another blood infusion or they may try a medicine that helps. He has dry skin right under his eyes that looks uncomfortable; overall he is still doing great. We did learn some more about the Graft vs. Host effects. I thought when we got to day 100 we where clear for any major possible problems but I have learned that after day 100 there is a whole new set of worries. Symptoms before day 100 fall into the “wet” category like liver failure, severe diarrhea, lots of vomiting…. After day 100 symptoms become “dry”. As in loosing the ability to make tears, dry skin and sores, losing the fluid in your joints therefore possibly becoming stiff or paralyzed…. So you can see the worry will not be subsiding any time soon. But we have great hope things are going to continue to go as well as they have. Thanks for all the prayers. And don’t for get to get your AMAZING pomegranates this season.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
That was AMAZING!
The other day for a science project we tore in to a pomegranate. Bridger was very carful to remove every little kernel. When he was all done and had a nice full container of pomegranate kernels (that he of course never ate but wanted to feed to he birds) I took his picture and he said in a very slow but enthusiastic voice “That was AMAZING”! Who new?
On to Bridger’s health, his numbers went down as of Wednesday due to staring a medicine called Bactrim (I have no idea how to spell it, big surprise I know). He only takes it three days a week so hopefully his body will recover during the other four. They decreased his Gen Graft med again. This will help his numbers to go up. So the goal is for the numbers to even out through out the week. His HGB also went down He may have to have another blood infusion or they may try a medicine that helps. He has dry skin right under his eyes that looks uncomfortable; overall he is still doing great. We did learn some more about the Graft vs. Host effects. I thought when we got to day 100 we where clear for any major possible problems but I have learned that after day 100 there is a whole new set of worries. Symptoms before day 100 fall into the “wet” category like liver failure, severe diarrhea, lots of vomiting…. After day 100 symptoms become “dry”. As in loosing the ability to make tears, dry skin and sores, losing the fluid in your joints therefore possibly becoming stiff or paralyzed…. So you can see the worry will not be subsiding any time soon. But we have great hope things are going to continue to go as well as they have. Thanks for all the prayers. And don’t for get to get your AMAZING pomegranates this season.


On to Bridger’s health, his numbers went down as of Wednesday due to staring a medicine called Bactrim (I have no idea how to spell it, big surprise I know). He only takes it three days a week so hopefully his body will recover during the other four. They decreased his Gen Graft med again. This will help his numbers to go up. So the goal is for the numbers to even out through out the week. His HGB also went down He may have to have another blood infusion or they may try a medicine that helps. He has dry skin right under his eyes that looks uncomfortable; overall he is still doing great. We did learn some more about the Graft vs. Host effects. I thought when we got to day 100 we where clear for any major possible problems but I have learned that after day 100 there is a whole new set of worries. Symptoms before day 100 fall into the “wet” category like liver failure, severe diarrhea, lots of vomiting…. After day 100 symptoms become “dry”. As in loosing the ability to make tears, dry skin and sores, losing the fluid in your joints therefore possibly becoming stiff or paralyzed…. So you can see the worry will not be subsiding any time soon. But we have great hope things are going to continue to go as well as they have. Thanks for all the prayers. And don’t for get to get your AMAZING pomegranates this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a sweetie! We love pomegranates!!
ReplyDeleteGood Idea!:) That could keep my kids busy for a while:) That is exciting that you are probably going home!!! That will be nice!!:) I hope it all works out!!
ReplyDeleteI had a great pomegranate salad once. but i did not get the recipe. they look like a lot of maintanence to eat. Good job keeping up the good work.
ReplyDeletehope you get home for thanksgiving!
What fun!
ReplyDeleteThere are stands in NYC where you can go and buy a little container of pomegranate seeds. They are pretty expensive, but totally worth it to have someone else do all of the picking for you! Now I know who to go to the next time I want a pomegranate picked without them wanting to eat all of the deliciousness themselves!
ReplyDelete