We made another quick trip to Houston last Thursday. We made great time and had a fairly short appointment. We left the house by 6 am and where back home by 7pm. The appointment went great. Bridger continues to gain weight and grow. We got great news that we don’t have to go back for THREE weeks! Watch out everyone we just took our first big sigh of relief. When we got home that night Bridger said “I am so happy we don’t have to go back for three weeks”, I agreed. Then first thing in the morning he woke up out of bed and walking down the hallway he said “Mom it was so nice of the Dr to let us come home for three weeks”. It is definitely on his mind. They made it sound like they will take out his central line when we go back or shortly after. Things are moving in such a positive direction we feel very blessed.
The other day we ran out of bread. I only had hamburger buns to make Bridger his signature “triangle” sandwich which is made of peanut butter and honey with the bread cut in to four small triangles. He was in dyer need of a triangle sandwich and relented to use the buns with a strong suggestion of slicing the top half of the bun in half the long way “to make the bread last longer”. He went in to the other room and thirty seconds later I heard “how’s my sandwich coming in their?” Later he was trying to convince me that it was time for me to let him play video games and said “mom I really insist”. What a funny boy.
Things are moving positively for you!! Congrats, you have had a long road to this point. you are still in our thoughts and prayers. Yay for being home for 3 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteHe just wants you to know he is an individual.. LOL I love it, and I love that he is doing so good right now. I miss our talks I will have to call you and we can chit chat!
ReplyDeleteHa! I love when they use big kid language to try and get something. I insist! That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteNext time you need bread let me know. I don't want Bridger to have to forgo a triangle sandwich! THE HORROR!