Bridger has always enjoyed his little cars and air planes more than sports. Today was a turning point. It was beautiful outside so we were blowing bubbles. After an hour of that we started to play some badminton. For the first time Bridger actually dove for the ball (birdie) and he hit it! He also got a real grass stain. We were so excited over both him hitting it and the grass stain we cheered for both. Bridger joined in and said “hurray I got a grass stain” It may seam an odd thing to be celebrating about. But the fact that he is out side wanting to run and dive for a ball is such a big step for him. He was having so much fun he kept diving for it over and over again. As I look at the stain on his jeans I am not sure how to get it out because I have never had to worry about it before. But like the wood sing on my laundry room wall says “There is always something to be thankful for."
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Yay! A real grass stain
Bridger has always enjoyed his little cars and air planes more than sports. Today was a turning point. It was beautiful outside so we were blowing bubbles. After an hour of that we started to play some badminton. For the first time Bridger actually dove for the ball (birdie) and he hit it! He also got a real grass stain. We were so excited over both him hitting it and the grass stain we cheered for both. Bridger joined in and said “hurray I got a grass stain” It may seam an odd thing to be celebrating about. But the fact that he is out side wanting to run and dive for a ball is such a big step for him. He was having so much fun he kept diving for it over and over again. As I look at the stain on his jeans I am not sure how to get it out because I have never had to worry about it before. But like the wood sing on my laundry room wall says “There is always something to be thankful for."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stain stick and Spray and Wash. That's all I keep in my laundry room anymore! Go ahead and load up on it because it looks like Bridger will be giving you LOTS more grass stains to practice on.
ReplyDeleteYAY Bridger!
What a great story...it's amazing what little things sometimes make us happy as parents!
ReplyDelete