Thursday, February 25, 2010

Strawberry freezer jam, Is it a curse or a hidden blessing?

Yesterday morning while looking over the local adds I noticed that strawberries were “buy one get one free”! I immediately thought of making strawberry freezer jam. But was stopped short, realizing this was indeed a very scary thought. The last two times, I guess the only two times I have made strawberry freezer jam in our married lives we have moved. The first time was after living two years ID. My sister-in-law and I decied to make a bunch of strawberry freezer jam. A month later we moved to AZ. I had to leave it all behind. After living in AZ for four years one of witch was in our first home we bought. I once again saw those strawberries for sale and couldn’t resist. So with in a month or so we where on our way to TX and the jam got left with my mother in-law. So I had great fear after I had the thought of making my cursed freezer jam yesterday morning. So I called Blake at work with this scary thought. He suggested we try and break the curse, to go ahead and make it. Not an hour later I received a phone call letting me know that our landlords (because we rent) are putting this house on the market. We will be moving with in the little while. I was devastated, this time I didn’t even have to make the jam. Just the thought of making it was enough. Truly there is never a dull moment in our lives. I feel like we just moved here. The fact that I have spent more time in a hospital than I have in this house is mostly to blame for that. We were just getting back into a routine and feeling settled in again. Life felt like it may start to be some what normal. We found some options to help Bridger with his schooling. I had just got into a running pattern with a friend. Blake just got a new calling in our ward. And now we have to move! I some times feel like we never get a break, and then I cry. But I have to remember that each time we have moved we have been greatly blessed. It usually takes a while for us see our blessings because we have tears in our eyes from leaving loved ones, the fears of uncertainty and moving boxes surrounding us. Hopefully this time it will be a close move and we will stay right here in our town and ward. But like everything in our lives all we can do is put our trust in the lord. We have always been lead to where we needed to be. So I will try and think positive, “take courage” and remember the words to the hymn by Mary Brown, I’ll go where you want me to go. The first verse reads,

“It may not be on the mountain height. Or over the stormy sea, it may not be at the battle’s front my Lord will have need of me. But if, by a still small voice he calls, to paths that I do not know, I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine I’ll go where you want me to go. I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea; I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I’ll be what you want me to be”.

5 comments:

  1. Oh jana! I am afraid that I am laughing at the thought of strawberry jam making you move. maybe you will find another house in your ward and it will be all better! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally empathize with the moving! We've moved 13 times and we've been married 7 years. It's crazy. Camby laughs because we bought a house and a couple of months ago I started cleaning and throwing things out. He said I'd gotten into moving mode, even though we aren't moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the old saying about lemons and lemonade at least your jam is sweet to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JanaLee! Do you have to move out before they start selling the home? Or can you stay until they sell it? Bless your heart! I hope you find something great in your ward! Your ward sounds like they have taken such great care of your family! Maybe I will make freezer jam so we can move! ;) (No, I really like it here, but we are only renting for a year so I don't feel settled and it is driving me crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you have to move. That is not fun at all. Let's hope you can find something in your same area/ward. I know you really love it there! Or, you can move to Allen and into my ward... just a thought! Hey, I would love to see you sometime soon, if that's possible w/ Bridger. Call me! 214-682-4967

    ReplyDelete