From the sounds of it we only have one more “good” day left. On Friday Bridger will start his big doses of 3 to 4 different kinds of chemo. Yes, all in one day, rotating around the clock for four consecutive days. Thankfully we made it through another uneventful day today. They drew his labs again every 30 min until 2:00pm to make sure the med levels are all correct. Bridger was very happy playing his video games, but not happy when I made him go over some school work. I won’t be so mean tomorrow. I was just trying to break up the day with some different activities.
When helping Bridger use the restroom, I have been instructed to use gloves as a precaution because his body releases the chemo, which is still very dangerous if it touches your skin. It is a sad reminder of the harsh chemicals that his little body is being flooded with. We are ecstatic that Bridger still feels so good. I have no doubt it must be all the prayers being answered. Still we can't help but wonder how he will do over the weekend.
Heres a short list of some of the small joys of our hospital life:
1) Beeping alarms that go off whenever one of Bridger's four med pumps has finished its cycle. Luckily at night we are either too tired or so used to it that we sleep right through most of them.
2) Hospital food, need I say any more?
3) I can push more water through a straw than the light sprinkle that is either HOT, HOT! or COLD, COLD! that the hospital qualifies as our shower.
4) The pull out single bed, when used to sleep two, isn't all that bad, but it makes you feel like a mummy. The accomodations do keep us warm at night, which brings me to the next point ...
5) We feel like we are in the north pole. Seriously, right now I am wearing a tee-shirt layered by a thermal long-sleeved shirt and a zip up hooded sweat shirt, jeans and closed toe shoes. Even Blake gets cold.
6) The real joy is that Bridger will get better. That is what makes it endurable.
I hope this weekend will be much better than you are expecting. YOu are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh the joys! I wish I could send a great big pot of hot soup for you!! And wow, those showers sound SO relaxing, right? Lucky girl! ;)
ReplyDeleteKiss that kid for us! Thinking of you!
glad everything is going so well so far.
ReplyDeletei tried e-mailing you this morning, but it bounced back. i'll have to check the address and try again. i put some new videos up on the blog that Bridger might enjoy. Can't wait 'til he's well enough to make one of his own.
kids-and-music.blogspot.com
take care