My wonderful Visiting Teacher gave Bridger this cut cupcake.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Leaving tomorrow
Last Tuesday and Wednesday we spent in and out of the hospital mostly in the waiting rooms. Bridger had to get three pokes (his blood drawn) and was not very happy. He cried to go home, we lived on pop tarts and breakfast bars. We found out that we acutely have to be in Houston for good tomorrow. They are concerned that he may have some new inflammation in his lung. So at 9AM tomorrow Bridger will get a cat scan of his lungs. If something looks like a possible new infection we will be put on medicine, possibly come back home and get better. If it looks OK on Wednesday morning He will be put to sleep and have his central (pick line) put in and they will harvest his bone marrow one right after the other. They will only have to put him to sleep once this way. He is very very sad to leave home. He hates to even go the the grocery store witch is .5 miles away. He would rather go with out his favorite foods and drinks so he doesn't have to leave the house. He has it worse than my brother Mitchell used to. Yesterday we all got Priesthood blessings. I was a very special time. Last Wednesday a peaceful feeling came upon me as I was pondering on the drive home. I Know it will be hard but everything will be OK. Bridger's Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson came to be with him for a few days before the transplant and Bridger couldn't be happier. On Saturday we threw him a surprise party. We wanted to get a couple of thing to help the time pass so we decide to have a party Bridge wanted it to be a surprise. so when he saw the chocolate cake that was made in the crock pot he said can I have a peace of cake. I said that is not a cake that is a pile of dirt. It looked more like a mound of dirt than a cake. Bridger went to touch it and I said don't touch it you'll have to wash your hands and we don't want it to get in your lungs. But I do need you and dad to go get some worms for the dirt. He got all excited and said, because Worms help the dirt to be better. So Bridger and Blake went out in the heat looking for worms and when they came back Grandma, Grandpa and me surprised him it was fun. We played party games and had cake. Bridger was very happy. I guess I better start packing.


My wonderful Visiting Teacher gave Bridger this cut cupcake.
My wonderful Visiting Teacher gave Bridger this cut cupcake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're thinking of all of you...thanks for keeping us updated!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Hope all goes well. Our blog is heyitstheswensons.blogspot.com so we can keep up while you're gone.
ReplyDelete