Saturday, August 15, 2009
Don't forget to say PLEASE
Yesterday we lounged around all morning. It was a nice break. In the afternoon we drove out to look at an RV trailer that was donated by a family who lost their little girl due to Leukemia. They have started a nonprofit foundation called Big Love. They donated the RV they used to any families that need a place to stay while they are dealing with a child undergoing hospital treatments. It is very nice RV park. The RV center is very well kept and is enclosed with a fence and codded gate. There is a swimming pool that we can only dream of using and a nice recreational building with games and a laundry room. It's also in close proximity to a state park that has lots of playgrounds and places to run and bike. I love the area and it will provide a lot of privacy. Who could ask for more than that. After seeing the RV, we grabbed some stuff from target :) and had to get back to the hotel in time for the home health care team to come teach me how to flush Bridger's Lines. By early evening, Bridger had developed a low grade fever, so I called the BMT Unit. While we waited to get a call back, we decide to go and get a good meal at Olive Garden ... my favorite! On the way to the restaurant we picked up some Benadryl because Bridger will not quit scratching at is bandages. We got to the restaurant and Bridger had had an accident. Before we left, I had tried to get him to use the bathroom. He wouldn't go, so I asked him why and he said, "because you didn't say please". Believe me I have learned my lesson on the importance of asking please. We no sooner had gotten Bridger cleaned up and some soup in him when the BMT unit decided we needed to Bring him to the ER. He had a 100.8 fever that broke on its own, so I thought they would just call in an antibiotic or X-ray and send us on our way. A few labs, cultures and an IV antibiotic later and we finally got released. We got back to the hotel and fell right to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I feel like this is a roller coaster moving faster than my brain can comprehend. That is so funny about not saying please. Olivia once wet her bed in the middle of the day where she was sent to be in Time Out. When we asked her why she sat there and wet her bed she said, "Because you told me not to get off." She said it with an attitude so I know she was being a smart aleck.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. You are doing great. All those phone calls are enough to scare me!
Hey Jannalee and Bridger!!!!! I'm glad I finally found the blog. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys. We really missed your sweet faces in church today. But overall I'm so glad you're down in Houston so Bridger can work on getting better. It's good to see he's keeping his sense of humor! PLEASE hurry back to us, Bridger!!
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys!
Anna, Chase, Cameron, Miles and Sophie!!!
Ahh yes, kids and their "pleases"! You taught him too well!!
ReplyDeleteHey Bridger this is Jace and Ashyln. I hope you get better. I like your cape and I hope you have fun with your magic stuff. And I got a new top that when you get better and you come to my house you can play with it. Love, Jace
ReplyDeleteAshlyn says: I hope you get better. I hope you come to my house. Jana keep taking care of Bridger. :)
Hey Jana. This is great to be able to read and get the updates:) I am impressed with your diligence amongst all the other things you have to do. Way to go!:) This will be great to look back on. I hope everything goes well! You are all in our prayers! What a great idea for the surprise party for Bridger! That looked like fun! You are such an awesome mom!!!! Please let me know if you need anything! Lots of hugs sent your way! Talk to you soon:)