It has been truly a glorious day! The excitement started to build last Friday when we got to come HOME! Last Friday we drove to Bridger’s Dr appointment with the car packed full to the brim in hopes they would tell us we could go home. Our positive thinking pulled through because after our 2 hour appointment they deemed him healthy enough to go home for Christmas. We have to go back on the 30th to draw more labs and make sure nothing has changed. But hope to get to come right back home. On the drive home Bridger was excited extremely wound up. His mind was going in one direction or another the entire way home. It is always nice to be home for the holidays. We spent all day Saturday unpacking cleaning and running some errands. I loved every second of it. Right now I am completely content and my heart is filled with joy. I am sitting by my Christmas tree listening to the forgotten carols by Michael McLane. The stockings are hanging above the fireplace and it is quiet and calm. Blake, Doyleen and I went to church this morning while Grandpa stayed home with Bridger. We want to give him a couple more weeks before we take him to church, plus they haven’t taken him off of isolation restrictions. Church was excellent. They had a very nice program with several Christmas songs and musical numbers. It was so nice to go to church. I have missed the spirit and strength that comes from attending church. A group of young men in our ward gave Bridger gifts for the 12 days of Christmas. He was so excited and kept saying “this was so nice of them”. Some of the presents had letters to him and they were very touching. I am keeping all of the notes that everyone has sent and plan to build a massive scrap book for him. It is great to be home!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Day 110, A Glorious Day
It has been truly a glorious day! The excitement started to build last Friday when we got to come HOME! Last Friday we drove to Bridger’s Dr appointment with the car packed full to the brim in hopes they would tell us we could go home. Our positive thinking pulled through because after our 2 hour appointment they deemed him healthy enough to go home for Christmas. We have to go back on the 30th to draw more labs and make sure nothing has changed. But hope to get to come right back home. On the drive home Bridger was excited extremely wound up. His mind was going in one direction or another the entire way home. It is always nice to be home for the holidays. We spent all day Saturday unpacking cleaning and running some errands. I loved every second of it. Right now I am completely content and my heart is filled with joy. I am sitting by my Christmas tree listening to the forgotten carols by Michael McLane. The stockings are hanging above the fireplace and it is quiet and calm. Blake, Doyleen and I went to church this morning while Grandpa stayed home with Bridger. We want to give him a couple more weeks before we take him to church, plus they haven’t taken him off of isolation restrictions. Church was excellent. They had a very nice program with several Christmas songs and musical numbers. It was so nice to go to church. I have missed the spirit and strength that comes from attending church. A group of young men in our ward gave Bridger gifts for the 12 days of Christmas. He was so excited and kept saying “this was so nice of them”. Some of the presents had letters to him and they were very touching. I am keeping all of the notes that everyone has sent and plan to build a massive scrap book for him. It is great to be home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kathleen said she saw you in church today and I think I almost cried! I am SO EXCITED that you are home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you!!!
ReplyDeleteKiss that fuzzy headed kiddo for us. We love him so much. It's amazing how good it feels just knowing he's in our zip code!!!!
Jana I am soo happy for you and your family that you are able to be home for the holidays!!!!:) Your tree looks beautiful! Enjoy your time there-I know you will!! Have a merry Christmas!!! I hope my package gets there soon. Call me when it does so I can explain it to you:) Lots of Loves!!
ReplyDeleteWahooo!! Can't wait to play! I hope this guarantees a very merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCongrats and enjoy your wonderful family this Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you! Your tree is so beautiful! I hope you have the best Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm so glad you are home for Christmas! How great for your family. If Bridger is cleared to play, let us know. We'd love to see you guys. Have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about B. You mentioned he felt a little sick last time I saw you. Is he feeling better?!
ReplyDelete