Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 94 and SNOW!

On Thursday we had Bridger’s eye exam. She suggested we try some new drops for his eyes that we can pick up over the counter. At the end of the appointment she saw some swelling of his optic nerve in each eye. This will not affect his vision but is usually caused by pressure on the brain. They didn’t go in to any specific reasons of why or what could be causing the pressure but I am sure you can make an assumption like I did. At any rate they made us stay for a catscan that confirmed the swelling of the optic nerve but only in his right eye. They couldn’t see anything that would be causing pressure. I asked the Dr. if this is something that he could have just always had? He said it was a possibility but they had to be absolutely sure nothing else was causing it. So they got us in this morning at 6:00 am for an MRI. The MRI will give them a closer look. They said if they saw something urgent they would call us today. So far we haven’t heard from them so no news is good news. We are a little concerned because obviously pressure on the brain is not normal. So if you could all send an extra prayer this way we would appreciate it. Bridge was in good spirits about going to the hospital four times this week but he really didn’t want to go under anesthesia for the MRI so I told him to just try and stay awake, try and count to fifty. He maid it to a whoppin 2 and he was out like a light. It was incredibly fast. When he woke up he found out it was SNOWING!!!! Yes it has been snowing all day here. We were told the last time it snowed here was in 2004. I told everyone that it was Bridger’s fault he because he prayed for snow last week. Today he said “Jesus answered my prayer, he loves me the very best”. When we got back to the trailer we had a quick snowball fight. Bridger was so happy and a good aim. Then we found out we had no heat. Our electricity was out and our back up battery was not working so we spent three hours in the office of the RV Center to stay warm. Half of the building had heat so we played cards. Bridger is the champion of the Matching game and Go Fish. Below is another post about Bridger’s past and how he has made it this far.



5 comments:

  1. Jana,
    I love to see that Bridger got his snow:) Your pics look like Cody! I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving, and I am sorry that your birthday wasn't the best:( I can only imagine having to leave home on my birthday and leave my hubby behind and heading back to doctors and more doctors. That would be very hard. I wish I could have been there to celebrate your birthday with you! Hopefully next year will make up for this year. Call me when you get a free moment:)You're awesome! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that when the forecast for snow in the DFW area on Friday turned south that Bridger had something to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Ok! We had ZERO snow!! How fun for Bridger! I am glad he got his snow. Sending prayers and thoughts your way for his eye. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just posted a big long comment but it got eaten:)
    We love you Bridger! Can't wait until you get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They showed the snow in Houston on the news - YEA! Little boys always like to use their mommies for target practice, don't they? I hope you allow yourself a few tears, they are certainly not a sign of weakness. I am sending you a hug and a prayer!

    ReplyDelete