Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 106, A short stay

Bridger continued to have back and leg pain so we ended up back in the hospital on Monday for two nights. Monday morning before being admitted he was talking to his dad on the phone. In a grown up voice and trying not to cry he said, “Dad, I am in terrible pain! I hope this pain never happens to you. I take my medicine and it still hurts. I am in terrible pain”. Needles to say it was very sad. They did another MRI and found some spinal fluid had leaked out. Bridger also saw the opthomologist again. The swelling is still about the same they toyed around with the idea of putting him on an new med but didn’t. Tuesday Bridger’s pain was much less and today it is even that much better. He still gets pain if he turns a certain way to quick. He is supposed to take it easy for the next week. (No wrestling) We go for another visit on Friday and hope to drive home afterwards. For right now it sounds like they want us to come back after Christmas.

The good news is that Bridger is feeling much better he even made a song up about his back not hurting. He really hated being back in the hospital but had a good surprise visit from none other than SANTA himself! Bridger saw him out in the hall way and when Grandma went out to tell them they could come into our room Bridger got a little nervous and said “I don’t want to talk to him I just want to look at him” an look he did. I think the only thing he said was cheese for the camera. It was not my camera. I had ran home earlier and that little voice said to take the camera but I thought “I don’t want any more pic’s of the hospital, I don’t need it”. And so I left it at the trailer. It never pays ignore a prompting not even the little ones. But they took a pic and printed it out right away for us. After seeing Santa Bridger was finally inclined to write him a note asking him to “come down our chimney and bring me set of walkie-talkies and a street sweeper that picks up little discs”. I wrote the letter he drew a very nice picture at the bottom and signed his name. He did a great job.




We also found a Santa joke in the hospital. Here it is, Why dose Santa have a garden? Because he likes to HO,HO,HO. It was the best one in the book.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you had to make another visit to the hospital. Bridger sounds so brave. I love his sweet spirit and the strength that he has... You and Blake are so blessed to have him. I am so happy he was able to see Santa. I love the joke I will have to tell my kids they will love it. Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete