We got to go home for Thanksgiving!!! It was a wonderful four days. We drove home on Tuesday. Bridger wanted to leave after the Dr. appointment on Monday but we had to give them some time to clean the house and we needed to pack. The drive home was very pleasant. I felt free, my mind had lots of time to think and ponder and it was wonderful to have new scenery. I mostly thought about how blessed we have been and how much we have to be thankful for this year. Ever year we make a “thankful turkey”. The tail feathers are made of our hand tracings with curled fingers and we write what we are thankful for on the palm. We add to it all month long and have a full turkey for thanksgiving. This year one of the things Bridger said he was thankful for was his dad coming to play every weekend.
Once we got close to home Bridger was so excited to see our blue water tower. It is very close to where we turn to go to hour house. It makes a great land mark and helps eliminate some of the “When are we going to get there” questions. At home Bridger squealed and giggled with excitement to see his Grandpa, and his dog Chester. The house was spotless, thanks to Doyleen.
Every day felt like Christmas morning. The excitement just never wore off. Bridger ran and ran anround the house chasing the dogs, playing with toys, and trying to find the computer room. (He only forgot the first day we were home) He ran so much he lost a pound and a half. Over all he was very content, happy and a lot less irritable, as was I. He was exhausted by the second afternoon but I didn’t want to make him take a nap. I didn’t want him to miss a minute of being home. I don’t know where the time went. It passed way to quick.
On Thanksgiving morning I ran a 5K. It was a YMCA Turkey Trot. I had to do it just so I could have a shirt that says "Turkey Trot". It was so Fun. I ran with a bunch of friends. It was my first race out side of high school track. The big difference is I actually enjoy running now. Blake couldn’t come like he had planed because at 4:30 AM Bridger woke up all energized because his dad was going be home all day to play with him. I tried to get him back to sleep, but he was too keyed up. When I said “Dad is coming with me to go run”, my heart broke watching his face that was clearly a refection of his breaking heart. So dad stayed home for the day to play. When I got back we all played some football in the yard. Later we had a fantastic Turkey dinner with stuffing to die for. It is Doyleens secret recipe that she will share if you want it. It was a perfect day.
On Friday I went shopping. I left a little late for Black Friday, but still got all the deals I wanted. Saturday went by way too fast, but I got to decorate for Christmas and it was so much fun. I have some awesome friends that took me out to Yogurt Land to celebrate my Birthday. I turned 27 on Sunday and I Bawled, I mean bawled all day. It started of with Blake and I missing church. I got it in my head that it started at 9:30, but it was actually at 9:00. We didn’t have an alarm and over slept for the first time all week. It was not a very good way to start the day. The rest of the day I was so upset about having to leave, caught up in wanting everything to get back to normal (which brought me to the thought of, do we even know what normal is anymore. Since June 2007 someone in our little family of three has had a major health problem and have been hospitalizes or had surgery of some sort. So when things calm down a little watch out you may feel a huge gust of wind from our sigh of relief.) I will admit it was my worst birthday ever. And I am sure I cold have changed that had I pulled my emotions together…..next year, next year.
After four hours of heavy rain we made it home in safety thanks to Bridger’s prayers. On Monday morning we were back at the Dr’s. Bridger’s # were lower, He as gone from 100% donor cells to 99%. They say it may continue to drop but they are not concerned at this point. They are sending us to and eye dr. because Bridger’s eyes are still very itchy and red. He complains that they feel dry. We go on Thursday and we will let you know what they say. We have adjusted back in to life here and feel blessed we had a nice place to come back to. We are blessed each day to day for an example our home in AZ we rent outs dishwasher motor died and it was going to cost just under $300 to replace it but the very nice repair man called whirlpool and got them to cover the part seeing how it is just over two years old. So our cost was only $115. That’s what we call a tithing blessing at our house.
hurray! a new post !! I was getting worried about you! So glad Thanksgiving was so good. That cracks me up that Bridger lost weight running around the house! I think I may try that!
ReplyDeletesorry you had such an awful birthday. a very emotionally charged weekend. You are almost done though! We keep praying...
I'm so glad you were able to go home for Thanksgiving! And way to go doing a 5k on your "break"! It is so nice to run huh!? I'm sorry your birthday was rough. I'm so amazed at how strong you are. You are so inspirational! Happy late Birthday! I hope this year us much better & I feel your huge sigh of relief!!!
ReplyDelete