Monday, September 21, 2009
Big news on day 19
The Big news is that the GCSF medicine they gave Bridger yesterday to help his counts go up worked. It worked like magic! Today his ANC is at .65 which is 650! If everything stays on track we will be discharged on Thursday or Friday of this week! I was so shocked I didn’t even know what to think. We are so excited and hope that every thing continues in our favor. All of his meds have been changed from IV to Oral. They stopped his lasix and have lowered his IV fluid intake. He was able to unhook form the IV pole for majority of the day. He was just about to fall asleep when they unhooked him. Then he realized he was unhooked he said “I’m too excited to sleep now mom”. He ran in a U shape around his bed back and forth. He also jumped up and down, turned circles and giggled. It was so cute. I didn’t realize how much being hooked up to the IV pole had affected him. He was back to his complete self, flying make believe space ships with his hands all around the room. It was a wonderful day. We couldn’t have made it this far with out all your prayers and support. His immune system will still be suppressed for quite a wile. They say that most kids are hospitalized at least one time after initial discharged mostly due to infection. We feel like we just scored a touchdown right before halftime, or we just made a 5th inning home run, or it’s finally hump day(Wednesday), or how some parents feel when they just got out of 3 hours of church with four kids all under the age of 5 knowing they will do it all again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YEAH! YEAH! Yeah! We're very excited. Watch for a package Mitch and Cara sent if you leave before it gets to you.
ReplyDeleteYEA~~~I am so glad about this! And I have to say I think you are an awesome writer! I loved your analogies about this being the half time touchdown and all. Still praying for all to go well!
ReplyDeleteHip Hip Hooray!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch great news!! I'm so excited for all of you. Thoughts and Prayers for all of you... from the Sinks Family
{HUGS}
You probably heard the shouts of joy from Idaho Falls, didn't you? That is so wonderful. I bet Bridger is SO ready to breath fresh air and not be confined. A double hooray from all of us!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Jana, I am so pleased for you!!! Thoughts and prayers for your great little family!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So very proud of him, and you. Things are going so good for you guys. We will keep you in our prayers. Please keep updating us, and let us know your new address when you break free. LOL Katelynn has been talking about sending Bridger a picture, and she always remembers him when it's her turn to say prayers. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete