Friday, September 11, 2009
Day 9 Surprise Party (you can never have too many)
For two days Bridger has been planning a surprise party for his dad. After his sad morning last Wednesday I told him “Dad is coming in two days” He got all excited and said “after a night and a day and a night and a day he will be here! Lest have a surprise party for Dad!” Because of his earlier statement about his hair and his dad I decide to encourage any excitement about the reunion. Child life supplied streamers, balloons, and a birthday banner that transformed in to saying HAPPY – DAY. They also gave us some crafts to make dad a home maid gift. When I told Bridger they might be able to get us some balloons he said “That’s just what I needed”. Bridger made a great picture for his Dad as a gift. He drew his dad wearing a party hat, holding and ice-cream cone and three balloons. Bridger did it all by himself and did a great job. When Dad came in all the lights were off and Bridger pretended to be asleep. Then I flicked on the lights and we jumped up and yelled surprise! Blake was surprised and very touched by his present.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Bridger....
ReplyDeleteMy name is Kristy, your Aunt Em is my very best friend. I read about you everyday, and I'm so happy you had a great day with your daddy.
What a great surprise for him. I'm sure he loved the balloons and card. You are looking so handsome.
YAY!! What a great surprise for Blake! How great to spend the weekend with your family, Jana. You have 2 handsome boys! :)
ReplyDeleteThat boy of yours sure is sweet! Reading your blog makes me laugh & cry at the same time. I think his buzz cut looks great by the way! I hope your family has a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteBriger it looks like you've learned the secret remedy to life is Service.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet thing for Bridger to do! :) He sure is a precious thoughtful boy. I am glad it was a good day for all three of you. Love reading your updates each day! Wishing I could do more!
ReplyDeleteWho is that very handsome young man next to Blake?????!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTell Bridger we have a surprise for him coming via e-mail very soon! And Olivia sent a surprise coming via mail that is on its way. We love surprises! I told Uncle JaDee that I have always wanted a surprise party thrown for me. Will you help him plan it? Sounds like you know what every party needs!
ReplyDeleteAh! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete