The up side of a bad day is, the next day is most likely 90% better than the day before. Having ended the bad day with six or more snack size Kit Kats, I made sure I went for a run today which always helps me feel better. It also helped that the day started out with good news. Bridger’s WBC (white blood count) went up to 0.07. It has been at 0.03 for the past three days. They said that when the WBC goes up the ANC fallows. Today the ANC is 0.04. His Mono% has been at 0-5% since transplant and today it is 20.0. I am excited because they also said when this # goes up all of the #’s will go up! We then got even more good news. They stopped one of his meds completely and one is gong to be taken by mouth this means two more less beeps!
Bridger played hard all morning with some airplanes that you shoot with rubber bands (thank you MW and family). He had all of the nurses playing with him in the hall way. We walked up and down our little L shaped hallway flying and chasing the air planes. It was the best exercise for him. We made a Lego castle set and played with plastic syringes in the bath tub. After having a bath Bridger has to put on a special lotion. He hates it because it makes him so cold. So he gets the royal treatment from the blow dryer. I warm his towel and clothes up before he puts them on every time. This may be a hard habit to break. Thank so much for the greetings today it is always fun to get mail.
Yea hooray for numbers going up!!!! Keep those good soldiers in your blood fighting strong! They are winning!!!!!
ReplyDeletehooraY for numbers! Fun to chat with you guys last night. Hope today brings even more good news!
ReplyDeleteWHOO HOO!!! That's awesome that his numbers are going up!! Great news!!:) What an aweosme boy you have! I love the sun glasses and sun bathing! How cute is that!:) Jana you do so well! I'm glad you had some chocolate to help! And that you were able to get your run in:) My days are way better when I am able to get my work out in:) I can't wait to see you and Bridger! Hopefully soon with those numbers rising!:) Give Brider loves for us! Talk to you soon! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteYAY for small victories!
ReplyDelete