Right after Bridger got done heaving, two of the Radio Lollipop crew dropped in to give Bridger a tornado craft to decorate. Radio Lollipop is a live radio station on the 16th floor. They broadcast the music on channel 18 of the TV every Tus.,Wed, and Thurs. Most patients can go up and be in the studio and teen rooms. Others stay in their rooms to make a craft that is brought around by some lollipop volunteers. They give out prizes for the best craft. Kids call in and request songs and tell jokes. Bridger surprised me and said yes he wanted to make a craft. So we lined our hospital tray with the brown paper hand towels so he could use the glitter. At one point I thought I should be turned in as his craft due to the amount of glitter that is still suck to me. While he crafted, we listened to the jokes. Bridger giggled and when a rendition of twinkle little star came on you can guess who was singing right along. Yep it was Bridger! He started to get tired, probably because I was taking pics, so we started to get ready for bed. Then the two Volunteers came back and gave Bridger a prize! I guess they called his name on the radio as a craft making winner, but we didn’t here it. I would say he already has better luck than I ever had. It was a Good day!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Day 1 - A GOOD DAY
I feel like we are finally moving forward for the first time in a wile. We will still be just waiting from now until engraftment happens, but waiting in a forward kind of way. It’s hard for me to explain. Bridger sat straight up out of bed at 7:00 am and said “Mom, it’s going to be a good day today” and it has. Bridger had two more baths to day; he is going for cleanest kid in the unit. He ate 3 small pancakes and some applesauce! Then he played his Headsprout reading game on the computer (which I recommend to anyone who has a kids, especially boys who are ready to begin reading). He played for an hour. We sang some songs and played one of his new games. We had a nap, which was very relaxing. Of course we watched some cartoons. At about 5pm Bridger got nauseous from one of his antibiotics and threw up off and on for three hours.
Right after Bridger got done heaving, two of the Radio Lollipop crew dropped in to give Bridger a tornado craft to decorate. Radio Lollipop is a live radio station on the 16th floor. They broadcast the music on channel 18 of the TV every Tus.,Wed, and Thurs. Most patients can go up and be in the studio and teen rooms. Others stay in their rooms to make a craft that is brought around by some lollipop volunteers. They give out prizes for the best craft. Kids call in and request songs and tell jokes. Bridger surprised me and said yes he wanted to make a craft. So we lined our hospital tray with the brown paper hand towels so he could use the glitter. At one point I thought I should be turned in as his craft due to the amount of glitter that is still suck to me. While he crafted, we listened to the jokes. Bridger giggled and when a rendition of twinkle little star came on you can guess who was singing right along. Yep it was Bridger! He started to get tired, probably because I was taking pics, so we started to get ready for bed. Then the two Volunteers came back and gave Bridger a prize! I guess they called his name on the radio as a craft making winner, but we didn’t here it. I would say he already has better luck than I ever had. It was a Good day!
Hangin out
His craft
His Prize!
Right after Bridger got done heaving, two of the Radio Lollipop crew dropped in to give Bridger a tornado craft to decorate. Radio Lollipop is a live radio station on the 16th floor. They broadcast the music on channel 18 of the TV every Tus.,Wed, and Thurs. Most patients can go up and be in the studio and teen rooms. Others stay in their rooms to make a craft that is brought around by some lollipop volunteers. They give out prizes for the best craft. Kids call in and request songs and tell jokes. Bridger surprised me and said yes he wanted to make a craft. So we lined our hospital tray with the brown paper hand towels so he could use the glitter. At one point I thought I should be turned in as his craft due to the amount of glitter that is still suck to me. While he crafted, we listened to the jokes. Bridger giggled and when a rendition of twinkle little star came on you can guess who was singing right along. Yep it was Bridger! He started to get tired, probably because I was taking pics, so we started to get ready for bed. Then the two Volunteers came back and gave Bridger a prize! I guess they called his name on the radio as a craft making winner, but we didn’t here it. I would say he already has better luck than I ever had. It was a Good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY for Bridger!!! I am so pleased you had a good day, Jana!!
ReplyDeleteHi...just wanted to say I am glad Bridger is doing so well. I learned about him through Nicole, who is my blog buddy. I have kept him in my prayers. I am amazed at how brave and optimistic he is. Isn't it amazing the outlook children can have? Hang in there and please know that others far away are keeping your family close in their hearts.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool place! Who would have thought a radio station in the hospital. How fun. Way to go Bridger!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the hospital is making this experience "fun." And I'm happy to hear that you're all doing well! We continue to pray for you!
ReplyDeleteGo Bridger Go!
ReplyDeleteCameron's prayers for Bridger are getting pretty funny. This morning he prayed that Bridger's "Chain will get stronger." He's referring to the paper chain that he thinks is so dang cool. So yeah. Let's hope that chain stays strong;)